Today, SMEs are largely investing their resources in cloud computing with the sole aim of
managing their business operations efficiently. One of the cloud computing services that has
become quite popular with small-scale business is IaaS. Infrastructure as a service or IaaS is a
kind of cloud computing model besides PaaS and SaaS which can reduce infrastructure costs
and much more. Let’s look at some more benefits of IaaS that can be of benefit to the small
Scalable Solutions: When using IaaS for a small-scale business, one can easily upgrade or
downgrade their usage according to their business requirements. Also, IaaS providers have
robust networking technology to cater to the demands of the businesses, it can be considered
both scalable and flexible. This aspect works for a business when they are dealing with both
large scale and small-scale projects.
Cost Reduction: One of the greatest benefits of adopting IaaS is the factor of cost reduction.
IaaS for small business helps in reducing overall capital as businesses won’t have to invest in
physical infrastructure. Everything goes on to a virtual platform and also when it comes to the
aspect of maintaining steady uptime or maintenance of networking equipment, organizations
therefore not have to distress over as IaaS helps a great deal in regard to the infrastructure
costs. It can also handle a sudden hike in business demands as businesses only have to pay for
the resources that they are using. They are not bound to any monthly or yearly charges and
hence, can invest their money where needed.
Time-to-market: As the market is ever-evolving its necessary for businesses to keep up with the
pace in order to be successful in their respective fields. And as IaaS is highly flexible and
scalable, the time-to-market automatically decreases, thereby giving you leverage over your
Disaster Recovery: There is always an underlying threat of data loss when we use a virtual
platform. However, when it comes to using IaaS architecture, one can be sure of quick and
secure disaster recovery. With IaaS, businesses can keep using the same infrastructure as
before without having to worry about any alterations in the services that they were using
Resource Utilization: There are instances when one is forced to make big investments in
equipment installation and management. And this makes them lose their focus on other
important aspects of their business. However, as IaaS is a service-based model, organizations
can invest their time as well as capital on aspects that will actually escalate their business
Hence, these were some benefits of adopting IaaS architecture for small businesses. Some IaaS
for small business in the market are: Amazon AWS, DigitalOcean, Microsoft Azure, Rackspace
Open Cloud Service, Google Compute Engine, HP Enterprise Converged Infrastructure, IBM
Smart Cloud Enterprise, Green Cloud Technologies, Cloud Stack and Linode. Any small business
owner can integrate this computing model if they wish to lay a successful foundation for their
business’s bright future.
With so many social media marketing tools out there, it becomes tricky at times to choose the right ones for improving your business’s online presence. Today, social media presence is very important to reach out to your audience and hence, you need a fully strategized plan that will help you achieve your goals. So, how do you actually do that? Well, you have to keep track of the new tools and trends that are important for strategizing a successful marketing plan. Let’s see the top 9 social media marketing tools that will help you carry out your marketing plan successfully.
- Biteable: This is perhaps the most user-friendly tool to make stunning and informative videos for your social media. Putting valuable content on social media is very important and as visual content engages more customers in comparison to plain content this tool can be of great benefit for your business. This tool provides free video footage, templates, music, and animated gifs.
- Buzzsumo: Marketing is not just about who your audience is and what they are looking for. It is also about knowing about your competitors and how you are being perceived in the market. Buzzsumo is a research tool that helps you determine how well you are doing and what content is working best for you. You can find content that is trending, find influencers, track your competitors, find content that your audience is looking for and much more.
- Missinglttr: Missinglttr is a great tool to drive traffic to your website. It will help you transform your quality blog posts into social media posts i.e. handling the promotion aspect for you. This tool can convert your blogs into a 12-month social campaign for your different social media channels. You can easily review or edit the content if needed.
- Hootsuite: Hootsuite is a social media marketing and management dashboard tool that helps you to manage all your social media channels all at one place. You can schedule posts across different social media accounts, manage your content, track your performance and filter conversations that matter to your company or your industry.
- MeetEdgar: This is a social media scheduler and management tool and is somewhat similar to Hootsuite. However, both work quite differently. MeetEdgar can help you schedule and automate your content (post and re-post your evergreen content). This tool can even write social media status updates based on your articles or blogs.
- Sumo: Sumo has a pool of tools that can help you automate your site growth which in turn will enable you to revamp your marketing approach.
- Canva: Canva is another amazing tool that can be of great use for social media marketers which they can use to make stunning social media images. This tool provides ready-made templates, designs, icons, and illustrations to make images look great.
- Animoto: Animoto is a one-stop tool to create amazing social media marketing videos for your social media platforms. You can easily attract your audience by making engaging videos which in turn would increase your traffic and sales.
- Feedly: This is a great tool to keep track of all the topics that you are interested in – be it blogs, YouTube channels, twitter influencers that you follow and even get keyword alerts and follow RSS feeds that matter to you.
Hence, these were top 9 social media marketing tools that you can incorporate in your marketing strategy. There are indeed many other great tools out there, but you need to adopt those that fit in your marketing plan. Also, you need to keep up with the latest trends and tools so that you don’t miss out to add them to your marketing toolkit.
For any business, their website is the platform which showcases their services and brand to their current as well as prospective customers. And when it comes to attracting visitors, then a website has hardly 5 seconds to capture their attention. Visually attractive websites can help businesses to create a solid first impression on their visitors in comparison to websites that have plain ol’ text. That being said, let’s look at some ways by which you can make your website look more attractive.
- Minimalistic Homepage Design: The sure-fire way to encourage exploration of your website is by keeping the content of your homepage to the minimal, in other words not too crowded. Just imagine yourself in the place. You visit a website which is loaded with lots of information on the homepage itself. You obviously would find it hard to navigate as well as to follow what’s being conveyed. This doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the important information. You can use icons, images, larger headings and subheadings to garner a user’s attention.
- Content Placing & Colors: Content Placement is a vital part when it comes to attracting your visitors. In other words, your website needs to have a hierarchy which is easy to follow by your readers or visitors. You can further accentuate your content through proper color combinations i.e. to use colors that help you convey the right message to your target audience.
- Readable Content: It is very necessary to have “readable” content on your website. Your website’s content should be easy to read i.e. a user should be able to scan through it quickly and gather the information that is useful to them without too much effort. There are some basic rules that you need to keep in mind when it comes to making content readable such as font size, font family, number of typefaces and the combination between them.
- Maintaining Consistency: You might have too many ideas when it comes to colors and imagery on your website. However, it is wise to maintain consistency for all the elements. For example, not changing the design of your website too frequent as it might make it difficult for users to navigate through it when they visit after some time. Even if you make changes after a while they should be subtle rather than too bold.
- Easy to Navigate: The sole aim of developing a website is to convey to your respective audience what your business really does. And this is possible when your website has easy navigation i.e. a user can surf the website easily and not get lost. For example, a user should be able to get to the home page with a click or two. You can even include sticky or vertical navigation if your website is the long-scrolling type. There are different kinds of navigation which you can use according to your website requirements.
Hence, these were some tips to keep in mind if you are making a new website or revamping the old one. Always check the latest trends while designing a site if you want to give your audience a new visual experience.