Continuous communication, collaboration, and awareness of what’s going on are necessary steps for any business. Traditionally, companies used hardcopy of documents and in-person communication and collaborations to execute mission-critical operations. But with time, they started to use software to do the same with more conveniences with various tools for different functions.
Thus, there was a need for a one-stop software solution to provide a complete view of organizational operations and seamless sharing of company documents. And that’s where the need for the Microsoft SharePoint platform originated.
What is Microsoft SharePoint?
Microsoft SharePoint is a platform helping businesses to create business-limited websites. In other words, a website where companies can store, share, manage and access a business’s mission-critical information from anywhere using any device. Furthermore this software solution is made with a vision to empower teams with simple and seamless content and knowledge sharing alongside enabling smooth collaboration across the enterprise.
To access everything that Microsoft SharePoint provides, all you need is a web browser, which could be Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome.
Microsoft SharePoint Products:
We all know that Microsoft SharePoint is a platform for document management and collaboration. Still, the best part about it is that it is available in four different variants, which are:
SharePoint in Microsoft 365:
SharePoint in Microsoft 365 is a cloud-based service platform for businesses working remotely. Regardless of the business team’s strength, this solution is the best fit for all who want their working environment to be entirely cloud-based.
This service can be availed based on the Microsoft 365 plans (Plan 1 or 2) such as SharePoint Online and Office 365 E3.
With this service, business employees can create customizable SharePoint sites to share business-related information with authorized parties.
Place your inquiry today!
SharePoint server is available in two types: On-premises and as a product of Office-365 Enterprise subscription. You can also call it a hybrid version of the SharePoint solution that can be deployed and managed on-premises allowing you to avail the latest updates using cloud enablement through subscribing to the Office-365 Enterprise plan.
It also offers additional features and functionality, including modern site pages, web parts, lists, libraries, search, authoring, and integration with Power Platform, Microsoft Flow, and SharePoint home page.
SharePoint Designer is a free tool that helps create robust, workflow-enabled solutions. Businesses can use it to edit external content for external data solutions that can be used with Business Connectivity Services.
OneDrive Sync is a cloud-enabled desktop solution letting users sync documents (on which they are working offline) to the cloud platform whenever their device is connected to the internet.
You know the benefits of having a Microsoft SharePoint platform for your business. You’ll learn things that you can do with/using Microsoft SharePoint.
Microsoft SharePoint Hacks:
Here are the things you can do using Microsoft SharePoint to ease your content sharing, management, and collaboration work.
1) Easily upload content files to your cloud-based SharePoint platform (Microsoft SharePoint in Office-365) or on-premises-based SharePoint server.
2) Browse and open the content document you want to edit from the SharePoint library. Then, choose the edit option from Edit in Word and Edit in Browser. The latest SharePoint version also allows opening documents directly in an Immersive Reader mode.
3) Collaborate with others and work in the same file with others simultaneously. For this, you’ll first need to open the document in Office-365. It will, by default, open it in the browser, and if the file is shared with other team members, you can see it on the second top right corner who has opened this document on the web and who is working on it. You can also see the number of people who have access to the particular manuscript by clicking on the Share option.
4) Share the document with others in the simplest way.
5) Share your SharePoint Site with others. Click SharePoint or Sites, select sites you want to share and then share it by clicking on the Share option.
6) Now, finally, you’ll learn how to create a SharePoint site. From office-365, you can directly create a new SharePoint site from Microsoft SharePoint’s start page. After that, it will automatically form a Microsoft 365 group. You can do the same from Microsoft Outlook and People applications, and they will do the same and add a formed group automatically in the Microsoft SharePoint in Office-365.
With the SharePoint Server site’s owner’s permission, you can create a new site by clicking on the Sites and then New Sites or +New button.
7) Add a list to your SharePoint team site. In Office-365, go to the SharePoint site, click +New, and add Lists from the app list.
In the SharePoint server, navigate to Settings, click on it and then Add an app, from which add Lists.
8) Know the version history of a particular document. In Microsoft office-365, select the paper, then right-click on it to see the Version history option
Now, click on the version history to see all versions of that particular file.
In the SharePoint server, select the file and click on the Version History available in the Files tab.
9) Search for a particular file you’re looking for from the bulk list.
10) Share Information with an entire organization. In the Microsoft SharePoint in Office-365, click on the button to go to the Yammer or Newsfeed application. Once you’re moved to that application, please write a message or information you want to share and post it.
11) In SharePoint Server, please navigate to the header bar, find Yammer, click on it and proceed as we’ve mentioned for the SharePoint in Office-365.
In SharePoint in Office-365, you can also move files from one to another file location without leaving the page; choose files and then click on the Move to button. And for the Copy to option, select files, click the Copy to option, and select the location where you want to copy that file.
12) SharePoint is all about sharing files with the user you trust the most and with whom you want to collaborate for different requirements, such as editing, reviewing, etc. So, always set the permissions (give or restrict) while sharing any file. Now, select files and right-click to see the Share option. Now click on it, and you will find the dialogue box.
As you can see, in the highlighted part, click Anyone with the link can edit option to get to the permission setup window.
Now, set the permission, which you need, and then click on the Apply button.
Get Microsoft SharePoint Today!
Now, you know almost everything about Microsoft SharePoint, from the introduction to using it. And if you are looking for someone to get you and set up the whole Microsoft SharePoint platform for your business. Or, if you have other demands for SharePoint, such as custom SharePoint development solutions, SharePoint migration services, Intranet setup, digital asset management, or SharePoint consulting services, we are here to help you.
Regardless of your SharePoint demand, we at CloudStakes Technology Pvt. Ltd. have solutions to all your SharePoint-regarding inquiries. Enquire Today!
- cloud-based application
- cloud-based service platform
- cloud-enabled desktop solution
- custom SharePoint development
- Microsoft 365 plans
- Microsoft SharePoint platform
- Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Office-365 Enterprise plan
- Sharepoint Consulting Services
- Sharepoint Development Company
- Sharepoint Development Solutions
- Sharepoint Integration Services
- Sharepoint Managed Services
- Sharepoint Migration Services