Any enterprise-related digital transformation project demands to shift software from legacy platforms to DevOps processes or platforms. To make this project development successful, we need to invest tons of effort, time, and cost, for which we may need to rely on various factors, such as dedicated leadership, choices in approach, roadmap, alignment between infrastructure and apps, platform mindset, and intelligent operations.
Enterprises with different platforms might get bottlenecks in a process to achieve overall organizational agility. However, in order to get the best result, they need to understand the purpose of DevOps. A combination of platforms and tools is a pretty complex product and is complicated to evolve, replicate, and evolve.
Furthermore, this success can also be achieved using DevOps, but with effective collaboration between DevOps teams, processes, and technologies for continuous deliveries. DevOps contains different groups interdependent at their local states, which can act as a barrier for organizations to unify enterprise DevOps platforms.
Requirements For Unified DevOps Platform:
In a way to achieve digital transformation, the development process might get stuck because of various factors, including variants in the DevOps platform, process problems, and cultural barriers. Even after that, we can still achieve faster time-to-value along with security and operational efficiency for digitally transforming organizations through an integrated enterprise DevOps platform.
The following points ensure that why should you develop an integrated DevOps platform for your organization:
- A modern approach for several streams of pipelines representing continuous software delivery with a complete set of capabilities as a managed service
- Combined metrics driving entire CD flow, value stream spending, and business value across multiple pipelines
- Unified capabilities containing integration, orchestration, visibility, governance, traceability, flow management of application value stream, and security across multiple pipelines
- Combined capabilities for ongoing quality assurance testing, troubleshooting, and debugging
- The latest, unified approach to accelerate and simplify tools support emerging technologies and software, including commercial and open-source ones.
How A Unified Enterprise DevOps is Developed?
Basically, a unified enterprise DevOps platform is made of four main layers or elements, such as:
- Business Teams
- AppDev users
- DevOps Teams
Service Access Layer:
This layer is made of business APIs and portals that only allow appdev and DevOps administration users to access security.
This layer contains User and DevOps admin services.
- User Services: These consist of elements that can only be used by the app developers to build and test applications. Also, it includes the capabilities like automation, orchestration, code repos, data, artifacts, sandboxes, configuration, multi-CI/CD pipelines, continuous testing, Service Level Objectives (SLOs), troubleshooting, and debugging for business and AppDev users.
- DevOps Admin Services: These services include tools for DevOps teams to manage and administrate the platform. Also, it offers capabilities for platform administration to integrate enterprise service catalogues, import pipelines into the unified platform, integrate enterprise issues, and change request systems. Additionally, it comprises SLO capabilities for DevOps administrators to implement governance policies-as-code.
It contains various guides for services to run infrastructure resources, application stacks, infrastructure code, tools, and topology data.
Importance of SLOs in Unified Enterprise DevOps Platforms to Eliminate Bottlenecks:
A unified enterprise DevOps platform enables SLOs’ classification for each class of stakeholder. Also, it has to be classified according to the application’s requirements for once. Business values can be drawn from the SLOs, such as ROI data tracking, productivity metrics, reliability and agility of services, compliance and security governance. AppDev user values can be drawn from the SLOs, such as service response time, platform availability, change request response time, and user experience score. SLOs and the total quality of monthly requests can drive the DaaS team value and the applications’ future responsibility.
With a unified enterprise DevOps platform, multiple pipelines need to be configured only once to work within the model. To process application and microservices delivery tasks parallelly with common tools, a unified monitor and control points are necessary. Further, they should be performed by a unified platform.
By using SLOs, it is possible to detect any size of bottlenecks for a particular pipeline. At each stage of DevOps pipeline test processes, such as test planning, designing, resource scheduling, environmental management, execution, result analysis, report making, troubleshooting, debugging, retesting, and test management, there are possibilities for getting bottlenecks. But many organizations’ pipeline defines testing, troubleshooting, and debugging processes as the major sources of bottlenecks for DevOps value streams.
How Does A unified enterprise DevOps platform eliminate the chances of bottlenecks in the major sources?
- Unifying orchestration of test environments with test execution and reporting in the continuous testing (QA) phase.
- Showing inconsistent formats of failures by analyzing pipeline trends and application log data, then simplifies test failures analysis in the troubleshooting phase.
- Isolating the failure causes of troubleshooting results with intelligent analysis, then fixes can be installed with the test environment orchestration to verify the working of fix.
By eliminating bottlenecks in these major sources, including testing, troubleshooting and debugging, a unified platform also accelerating the digital transformation in organizations.
A unified enterprise DevOps platform not just eliminates bottlenecks but also resolves the technical problems of toolchains and processes. Enlightened leaders understand the urgency to migrate from a DevOps platforms to unified one. The reason is that it eliminates congestion and saves significant time.
CloudStakes Technology Pvt. Ltd. helps organizations seeking to make their digital transformation through a unified enterprise DevOps platform. To know more about our DevOps services, contact us and get the best quote that meets your needs.